In March 2014, I had the opportunity to participate in the Global Service Design Jam out of Auckland. Our 72-hour project centered around the idea of reducing the landfill of Auckland as an analog to other cities.
Our project, Decrapify, accomplishes the following:
- It is an open registry of personal items (clothes, accessories, small appliances and furniture) available to give away to anyone interested.
- Cloud service (app/web) uses location services to find new items, listings are highly volatile (ephemeral networks)
- User engagement is driven by quality listings (motivator for good tagging of items).
- This is not a service for monetary exchange but for collaborative consumption.
- Cloud service also allows to find stuff to close the customer value proposition.
Got an extra five minutes? Watch our prototype in the video below: